New Albany Renewal

New Albany Renewal is intended to serve as a repository for ideas relevant to preserving and restoring historic buildings, cleaning up neighboorhoods, revitalizing downtown, and improving the quality of life in New Albany, Indiana.

Name:
Location: New Albany, Indiana

Friday, September 21, 2007

Hands-On Restoration -- Hardware Help

I'm cleaning out my clipping file -- never know what I might have stuck in there.

A tip on how to strip paint from hardware from Bungalow magazine.

Boil water; add Arm and Hammer Superwash. Add hardware and boil until the paint is gone. It takes about 10-15 minutes.

I have not tried this but it supposedly orginates with the folks at Rejuvenation.

1 Comments:

Blogger G Coyle said...

I've also heard dropping paint-encrusted metal parts into a slow cooker for a day works wonders.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home